Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

March

Back in January I started a program with one of my co-workers (and 43 other people) called Feel Great in Eight. The basis of the program is to create better habits in your life. You get points for eating fruits, veggies and other good items that were on the list. You received negative points for items that were on the bad list and for eating after 8 PM. You also received points for reading your scriptures, praying, exercising, and doing a daily calendar item. It was actually a fun program and I was feeling great by the end of it. At my last weigh in on March 12th I was down eight and a half pounds, which make a grand total of 20 since the end of September when we moved to South Salt Lake.

One of the calendar items we had to do is try a new "healthy" recipe. We tried the following recipe. They are REALLY yummy! I think we have made them three time already. I would definitely suggest trying them.

Banana Nut Muffin

Preheat oven to 350

Begin with:
5 smashed bananas (I sometimes add one extra. I use a mixer.)
1/4 cup canola oil
2/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all together then add:

2  1/3 cups wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp nutmeg

mix all together again 

Stir in 2/3 cups chopped walnuts. (We have been chopping extra nuts and put them on top)

Makes 12 big muffins.  Spray muffin pans and fill to the rim.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Ready for the oven
They look yummy!
March for us means Pi Day and this year we had a HUGE turn out. We had around 30 people show up, which was crazy, but it was a lot a lot of fun. Zoey wasn't sure what to do with all the people in our house, especially the kids. We have pizza and pie like we have had the last several years (well at least since we have been married) and then just sat around a talked. We have a bunch of ward members show up which was fun.

Pi Day also mean that Shaun and I have know each other another year! I am so glad that I went for left over pie that very first time! I love Shaun so much!
The spread (minus the pizza)
Lots of people!
More people!
I have so good news to share! I get to start school at the end of May!! I am so excited. I was able to arrange my schedule at my current job so that it will work for me to go to classes (no more 10L shifts!!). I am so excited to finally be able to start. It is amazing how everything has worked out so that is even possible for me to think about starting. I just need to continue to have faith that everything else will fall into place!

Well I think that guess us caught up! 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Fun reading your updates! The February one made me cold all over again :P We love muffins here - I will have to try these, they look delish!
Sounds like you've been having a good time and CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK with school!!! I love when things work out and fall into place.