Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I am finally updating!!!

I have decided that I am not very good at this whole blogging thing. I will work on it, but no guarantees. Anyhow.. I am at least updating it now, right?

Shaun and I have stayed pretty busy the last couple of months, but we have had a lot of fun! Shaun is still working for Conexum and I am still at the hospital. I will be starting back up with school in 2 weeks and I will also be going part-time at work.

Let's see... Here are some of the other things Shaun and I have been up to.

-On the 4th of July Shaun and I spend the day with my parents at Riverton Hometown days and then we headed out to Grantsville to my aunt and uncles house for a BBQ and for fireworks. The BBQ was a lot of fun, but the fireworks were a little disappointing. They are usually really good, but no so much this year.

-The Fray was in concert on the 18th of July and we went to it! It was a lot of fun! It was nice to be able to listen to some great music and just relax on the grass. Fun story... Shaun and I were at the ticket window buying tickets to the next concert we are going to (Brad Paisley) and a girl came up to me and informed me that my shirt was on inside out! OOPS!!! We had taken a nap before we had gone to the concert and I guess when I put it back on I had put it on inside out. Neither Shaun or I had noticed it though because of the design of the shirt... It was pretty funny...

-Shaun and I were also able to go to the Oqurrih Mountain Temple open house with my friends Nan and her husband and son. It is a very pretty temple. I was really nice to be able to go with them and spend time with them. I was amazed at the number of people that we saw that day that we knew.

-Shaun and I have been to 2 rodeos this season. The first one we went to was the Strawberry Days rodeo. It was fun, well all except the getting rained on the whole time part... that wasn't so much fun, but that just adds to the adventure right? The other rodeo we went to was the Days of '47 rodeo, which this year was moved to the E-Center (not a big fan of this move...). This is what we did for our 24th of July. It was pretty fun. One of the bull riders got hurt pretty bad though... As he was riding the bull he fell forward and hit his cheek on the bulls horn and then was bucked off and then stepped on by the bull! OUCH!!!!

-Here is a primary update for you. Shaun and I had adjusted to teaching our class and everything we going great. We even did okay when the other Valiant 10 teachers didn't show up and we had to take both class... Well now we have a whole new class to adjust to. One night, while I was at work, the primary president called and told Shaun that there were needed to do some changes in with some of the classes and asked that we now teach the sunbeams. I wasn't really happy about this, just because I had grown to really like our Valiant 10 class and I didn't want to leave them. So we have been a little sad about it, but sunday was our first day teaching the sunbeams and it wasn't nearly as bad as we thought it would be. They are actually REALLY cute kids!!! Hopefully they stay that way.

-One of the most important things that happened is Shaun and I celebrated our one year anniversary on August 2nd. We didn't really do anything to celebrate, because we were driving home from Vegas, but it is still great to know that we have made it through our first year of married life! I am SO grateful for Shaun and all that he does for me. He puts up with a lot and I am so grateful. I have loved spending the last year for my life being married to him and look forward to many, many more years ahead of us. I look forward to the day when we can be sealed together for time and all eternity, so that I will know that I get to spend the rest of my life and all eternity with him. There is nothing more that I want. I love you babe!

I have also posted some other posts about things that have been going on in our lives. Enjoy! (There are 8 total posts from today!)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good luck with school! Is this your last semester of prereqs?

Sounds like you've been having a super fun summer :) I hope you enjoy your sunbeams class. It is a fun age :)

Happy anniversary last week!!