Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

The End of May and June

I have been really bad and this whole blogging thing again, but I do a have reason! I started school and LOVE it! (More about that later)  Anyhow.. I will hopefully get caught up here soon. I will start with the rest of May and the month of June.

The End of May

The week following coming back from our fun trip to California was a fun week. We were able to work out all the finances for school  (school we be paid for by the time I am done is May 2012) and I had orientation for school and was able to meet all the newbies just like me!

School started on May 31st, but I miss that first day because it was finally time to use the awesome birthday present Shaun gave me. Before we went to see Les Miserable we went to dinner at Olive Garden and had yummy food. Then it was showtime!  I have seen Les Miserable a couple of time before, but since the last time I have seen in done professionally they have completely redone the staging of the production and they have also sped it up a lot (I am pretty sure the article I read stated that they cut 30 minutes off of show time). Regardless of what they did to the production I still enjoyed it a lot.

June 
We also went to the Chalk Arts Festival at the Gateway again this year! It amazes me that people are so talented (and patient). I can't wait to go again next year!  Here are just a few we saw:






I was able to go to Color Me Mine and had a lot of fun each time! I love being creative! The first time I made a food dish for Zoey and the second time and make a pitcher. It was also fun getting to spend time with friends! 

I am not sure if I have posted pictures of the finished project on anything I have done at Color Me Mine, so here you go:
First project
Second project
Project three
Project three
Project four
Back in April I won 4 day passes to go to Country Jam in Grand Junction, CO. I was really excited because I had never been before so I thought it would be really fun to check it out. We ended up driving down Saturday morning and then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at Country Jam. The music was awesome. We saw Sawyer Brown, Rodney Aitken and Alan Jackson. They are put on great shows. The thing I didn't like was the atmosphere. There was TONS of drinking going on and lots people running around half naked. Not my type of place. Oh well! It was still a nice little get away.
At Country Jam
At a rest stop on the way home

Another awesome thing that happen during June is we started temple prep classes! It a definitely  a step in the right direction.

No comments: