Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas and New Years

Christmas this year was great! We were able to spend lot of time friends and family in the last couple of weeks! We were also able to spread our Christmas celebration over a long period of time!

The week of Christmas we went to a Christmas FHE at one of the families in our ward house. It was an opportunity for all of us (I am almost positive that they invited the whole ward) to get together and talk and enjoy yummy treats. The next night our friends Megan and Kyle invited us over for a wonderful dinner. It was a lot of fun and the food was great!Wednesday I was able to spend some time with Betsy. We did a little shopping and wrapped her Christmas presents.

This year was my Christmas to work at work (we either work Thanksgiving or Christmas...). I ended up working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I worked the morning of Christmas Eve so we were still able to go to my Grandpa's house for the yearly party that we have there. It was fun. I wasn't feeling the best though, because I had received an early Christmas present.... An ear infection... Anyhow. The night was full of food and family. Shaun had been busy while I was at work and made homemade eclairs for the party. Everyone loved them.

Christmas morning Shaun and I opened present. We then got ready and headed to my parents house and were able to spend some time with them before I had to head off to work. Shaun spent the afternoon with friends and then headed to his Grandpa's house to spend some time with him.

On Saturday we did Christmas at my Grandma's house. We had different kinds of soups, finger foods and desserts. Santa Claus even made a surprise visit.

Shaun's parents were in Indiana for Christmas this year spending time with Byron and Kari's family, so we celebrated Christmas with them the following Wednesday. We were also able to celebrate it with Tom and Chelsea, who has come down from Seattle for a week to spend time with family. Also in town was Sarah, a family friend/distant relation (we say she is related by research). It was a lot of fun to be able to see them and spend time with all of them.

Now on to the New Years Celebration! This year we had another fondue party, but this years was A LOT better! We has way more people come this year and it made it better! This years guest included Kenrick, my cousin Jen (at least she stopped by for a few), Betsy and Aaron, Shaun's former co-worker/friend Jen and her kids, Christie and Matt, Tom, Chelsea and Jake (Tom and Chelsea's Dog) and then after midnight Doug and Tua stopped by. We spent the evening talking, eating and playing Rockband! It really was an enjoyable time! I am already looking forward to next years party!

New Years day we had another party at Shaun's parents house. It was fun to be able to see Michelle's side of the family and get to spend some time with them.

Picture Time!!


Tom and Jake

 
Aaron and Betsy



 Matt and Christie



Chelsea, Kenrick and Tom



Us



 


I hope this is a great year for everyone!!!

No comments: